Add a New Card
Cards or Kanban cards are one of the most important parts of a Kanban board. To get your Kanban process going, you start by creating a number of cards to list out the different tasks you need to complete.
There are two simple ways you can add a new card to your Kanban board.
Add Card Button
The ‘Add Card’ button is located at the top right corner of your Kanban board, next to your avatar.
Add Card from a Kanban Board Column
- Click the (three-dots menu) from the top right corner of a column where you want to add a new card. This will open a dropdown menu.
- From the dropdown menu, click on ‘Add Card Here’.
Inputting details for new cards
Once the Add Card dialog box pops up, you can input the details you need to create your card.
- Label. Update the card label by clicking on the current, default label on the top right corner. If you’re your board administrator, you can also customize the labels.
- Board. Choose the board where you want your card to appear.
- Column. Choose the column where you want your card to appear.
- Position. Choose where you want the card to appear on the column: top or bottom.
- Templates. Choose from the card templates that you have. Learn how to create card templates here.
- Title. Add the card title.
- Owner. Set the card’s owner by clicking on the button Owner and selecting the member of the board to be the owner of the card. More detailed steps to assign a card owner can be found here.
- Watcher. Set the card watcher by following the steps here.
- Dates. Set the planned start and end dates. Learn more about the dates here.
Once done, you can proceed by clicking on one of the three buttons:
- ‘Add’. Add a single card and return to your board.
- ‘Add & Next’. Add the current card, but stay in the ‘Add Card’ dialog box to add another card.
- ‘Add & Edit’. Add the current card then edit to add more details.