Boards are composed of columns to hold the cards. At the top/left of each column is an option to collapse or expand the number of cards in the column. The picture above has four columns: Backlog, To Do, In Progress, and Done.
Every card you see on the board can be opened to edit the card by clicking on the card. Cards are displayed on the board using color labels set by an Administrator.
You can create tasks under a card to provide explicit instructions to complete the card. If a task is on a card, a progress bar will appear on the card when viewing the board.
Next, access everything you need in Kanban Zone by using the top and the left navigation.
The top navigation is specific to the zone you select. We will describe here the elements of the Kanban zone, but you can browse the other zones that we list below to see how their top navigation differs.
1. Zones – You can switch from one view (we call them zone) to the other using this menu. To see what each zone looks like, click on the links below.
Table – View multiple boards in a Table that offers all the functions of a spreadsheet so you can analyze your data. Learn more about the Table zone.
Calendar – View multiple boards in a Calendar for cards and tasks with due dates. Learn more about the Calendar zone.
2. Boards – Use this to switch between boards.
For single-board zones like Kanban and List, you can only select a single board.
For multiple board zones like Summary, Table, and Calendar, you will see check boxes next to each board to select one or more boards.
3. Zoom – Click to change the appearance of the cards.
1x – only shows the color of the label.
2x – only shows the label’s color and the card’s title.
4x – shows the color of the label, the title, and additional visible fields.
4. Settings – Click to access all the settings related to the current board and the Board Designer to edit the board.
5. Options – Manage all the visual options of the board. These settings will only affect how you view the board, not the content of the board. All the zones have this option menu to let you customize each zone how you like it.
6. Metrics – Access your metrics to measure your performance and responsiveness and find ways to improve the way you work.
Access global functions, get help, contact us, manage your account, and manage your organization.
1. Kanban Zone logo. Click to show/hide the left navigation.