You wrote the codes. Now, it’s time for the number one developers’ pain point, according to this survey. Bug fixing. It’s revealed in the survey that 32% of developers spent up to 10 hours a week fixing bugs, instead of writing codes. Knowing that bug fixing takes a lot of a developer’s time, you need to make sure that they are doing it correctly, and in an organized way. Especially if they’re working in a team, they need a reliable collaboration system to keep track of the bugs that are being fixed. To make things simpler and coordination easier, use Kanban Zone’s Bug Tracking Template!
What is a Bug Tracking Template?
The Bug Tracking template is a simple Kanban board template that can help you manage and monitor bugs that you find in your software. Designed for a team, this template is easy to use, but robust enough to include all of the phases in a bug lifecycle. Your developers will be able to operate the template in no time.
What is included in the template?
If you use this template, you’ll get:
- Five columns with explicit agreements: New, Open, Waiting for Fix, Test, and Closed.
- Five labels to signify the type of the bug: Functional, Performance, Compatibility, Security, and Usability
- A card template for the bug so you only need to fill in the blanks for the details of the bug.
- A board that is shared with your team members, so you can collaborate on the cards.
How to Use the Template
- Start your Free Trial, then build a new board from the Bug Tracking Template.
- Anyone can submit a bug to the board. Fill in the steps to reproduce, result, and expected result. Put the card in the Active column.
- Assign someone the card to investigate the bug and solve it.
- After it’s fixed, drag the card to Test for the QA to test it.
- If the bug comes back, drag the card back to Reopened.
- If the bug is solved and tested, drag the card to Closed.
A well-functioning bug-tracking system will improve the quality of the software, reduce the time it takes to identify and fix the bug, and increase users’ satisfaction. Start using our bug-tracking template today, and your bug-hunting and bug-fixing processes will be a breeze.