As a business owner, a day will come when you need to hire a vendor. But selecting a vendor is not an easy task, either. Bad communication, unmet needs, there are a lot that can go wrong if you end up with the wrong one.
That’s why you need to have a selection process in place in order to find and hire the best vendor. We have built a template for you, to make this process a breeze.
How to Improve Your Vendor Selection Process
In addition to the template, here are some tips to improve your vendor selection process:
- Define your needs and requirements. What do you need the vendor to do? What is your budget? What’s the timeline like? Knowing what you’re looking for and answering these questions will filter out the vendors from the start.
- Research, research, and research. Do a Google search of your vendors. See what people are talking about them and their work. This way, you’ll end up only with vendors who are trustworthy and competent.
- Interview potential vendors. After you define the requirements and do your research, the next step is to interview the ones you’ve shortlisted. This is their chance to convince you that they can do the job.
What is a Vendor Selection Template?
A Vendor Selection Template is a simple template that guides you through the complicated steps of selecting a vendor. Using the explicit agreements in each column, this template will give you pointers on the process, from planning to contract closure. All you have to do is create a card for each vendor, then flow them through the columns while following the explicit agreements.
What is included in the template?
If you use this board template, you’ll get:
- Five columns with explicit agreements: Pre-Solicitation Planning, Vendor Selection, Award Contract, Contract Management, and Contract Closure
- Seven labels for every type of vendor: Vendor, Rental, Agency, SaaS Software, Manufacturer, Retailer, and Service Provider.
- The voting feature to help you choose the best vendor.
How to Use the Template
- Start your Free Trial, then build a new board from the Vendor Selection Template.
- Create a card for every vendor that you have by starting from the Vendor card template. Don’t forget to change the card label to signify the type of vendor.
- Type in their details on the card.
- Flow the card through the columns as you follow the steps described in the explicit agreements.
- Vote for the vendor during the Vendor Selection phase by voting on the card.