Are you planning to move to another city or another country? Relocating is exciting, but it can be intimidating at the same time if it’s not done properly. There are so many things that you have to think about: researching the potential new place, searching for the right moving company, and actually moving with all of your belongings on the big day.
We’ve been there, too. That’s why we created this template for you. It’s easy to use, and it will help you plan and execute your move.
What is a Moving Checklist Template?
This template is a really simple Kanban Zone template that you can use when you’re relocating. Take advantage of the Kanban view inside Kanban Zone to visualize the progress of your move. Instead of starting from scratch, there will be cards and checklists already made for you, organized by the right time to do the different tasks.
Cards like ‘Research your move’ and ‘Prepare to pack’ will make sure that you do everything at the right time and keep track of your progress. Inside each card, you’ll find detailed checklists to guide you through the process, step-by-step.
All you have to do is start with this template and follow the flow described on the board. Make this board a consistent place to keep track of information like your moving date and the movers’ contact.
Need to coordinate with your partner or your family? Kanban Zone makes this easy to do. You just have to assign a card to the person who’s in charge, then you can start communicating with them on the card.
What is included in the template?
When you use this template, you’ll get:
- Five columns: Backlog, To Do, In Progress, Done, and Important Information.
- Four labels: Before Moving, During the Move, After Moving, and Information.
- Cards and checklists for a step-by-step guide on how to execute the move.
How to Use the Moving Checklist Template
- Start your Free Trial, then build a new board from the Relocation Template.
- Start with the cards on the top first, then work your way down from there.
- Move the card to ‘In Progress’ when you start working on it.
- Do the tasks described in the checklist on each card. Check off the task when you’re done.
- When you’ve done everything on the card’s checklist, move the card to ‘Done’.
- The Important Information column is there for you to store important details about your move. Add your moving date, movers’ contact information, and your new address to the cards.