Not sure what to have for dinner? Know every meal that you’re going to have with our Meal Planning Template. This way, you’ll also be able to grocery shop and prepare the ingredients ahead of time.
Why Meal Plan?
If deciding what to have for everyday meals is a major source of stress for you, then you’ve come to the right place.
Are you looking for ways to save time and money? Meal planning can be the answer to your prayer. It can also help you to eat healthier, more balanced meals. If you are new to meal planning, here are a few tips:
- Start by setting aside some time each week to plan your meals.
The key to meal planning is the ‘plan’ part. Start slowly, by planning for 2-3 days in advance. When you already get the hang of it, you can plan your meals for the whole week.
- Take stock of what ingredients you already have on hand.
Sometimes there are ingredients that have been sitting in your pantry for half a year. See what you have in your fridge and pantry, and cook with them first. This way, you won’t waste any ingredients.
- Look for recipes that are quick and easy to prepare.
Who says quick recipes can’t be tasty? Even if it only requires five ingredients or takes 15 minutes to make, as long as it has the essential elements (salt, fat, acid, heat), it will come out delicious. Our favorite websites for this are The Foodie Takes Flight and RecipeTin Eats.
- Be creative and mix and match recipes to create your own recipe.
A few weeks in, when you’re comfortable with the recipes you usually cook, try to change things up and mix and match the recipes. This will prevent you from feeling bored by cooking the same recipes every week.
With a little planning, meal planning can be a breeze. And the benefits are definitely worth it!
What is a Meal Planning Template?
The Meal Planning Template is a Kanban Zone template designed to help you plan your meals throughout the week and be more organized about it. You can add your favorite recipes to the library, then drag and drop them into the weekly meal schedule. When the time comes, you only have to see what you’ll have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It’s as simple as that.
What is included in the template?
Here’s what you’ll get in this template:
- Three main columns: New Recipe Ideas, Recipe, and This Week’s Cooking Schedule
- Many labels for you to choose from: main course, side dish, breakfast, etc.
- The weekly cooking schedule is divided into three parts: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
How to Use the Template
- Start your Free Trial, then build a new board from the Meal Planning Template.
- Add new cards when you want to add new recipes. Add the recipe link to the card. The card will go to the New Recipe Ideas column.
- Move the card to the Recipe column, according to its category: Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, or Dinner.
- When it’s time to schedule your weekly meal plan, move the cards from the Recipe column to This Week’s Cooking Schedule.