Start creating products that matter
Successful products answer a legitimate customer need. That is why it’s important that product development teams plan, assess, and validate whether their ideas will stick and be patronized by their target customers. Our Agile product vision board template is here to kickstart your team’s product visioning exercise by outlining the basic building blocks of identifying your product’s positioning in the market.
3-Step Approach to Agile Product Visioning
This board template uses a 3-step approach to product visioning. The end goal is to create a cohesive product vision that encapsulates who your product is for, what it solves, and why your customers should choose it instead of other options.
Step 1: Identify your product building blocks
In this step, your team should answer the following questions:
- Who will use your product? Who is your target customer or market segment?
- What problems do your product need to solve? What customer needs must the product satisfy?
- How are your customers solving their problems now?
- Who are your main competitors and what are their strengths and weaknesses?
- How will you solve your customers’ problems or satisfy their needs? What product are you introducing?
Step 2: Define your business proposition
In step 2, your team should answer the following questions:
- How are you going to earn from your product? What are your revenue streams?
- What benefits will your target customers get from your product?
- Why should your target customers care for your product?
- What makes your product different from other solutions?
Step 3: Write your Product Vision Statement
It’s time to make all your inputs from steps 1 and 2 come together. In this step, you will see a vision statement template card in your board. All you have to do is complete the statements using your market research and planning in steps 1 and 2.
From Vision to Reality
You can use this board template to put a framework for your product ideation and brainstorming activities. Your Agile product vision will also feed into your other product planning initiatives like roadmap planning and Agile personas planning.
Having a clear product vision will help you and your team in working through the right things to develop your product. It helps speed up the decision-making process when it comes to product roadmap planning. It also helps keep everyone aligned, inspired, and working towards a common goal.
Try our Agile product vision board template for your next product visioning exercise and start creating products that make an impact.
Learn even more by reading our blog that provides a Complete Guide to Agile Vision with Real Examples.