There are always too many things happening at a time in a development team. Has that issue already been resolved? What’s the latest status on that enhancement? If you don’t have a system to see where your projects are in the software lifecycle, it’s easy to lose track of your progress.
That’s where our Software Lifecycle Kanban board template comes in. This board template can help you:
- Visualize your work: The board provides a clear overview of all the work that is currently in progress. Seeing all of your projects in one place can help you identify bottlenecks and prioritize tasks.
- Limit work-in-progress: The board helps you limit the amount of work that is in progress at any given time. This can help you to avoid getting overwhelmed and to focus on completing tasks one at a time.
- Improve flow: The board can help you to identify and improve the flow of work through your team. This can help you to deliver software more quickly and efficiently.
In the board template above, we have created a board that goes through every phase of the software lifecycle, with clear explicit agreements under each column to ensure a smooth flow of cards. You get to flow your projects from the Define column, all the way to Done.
Just like any Kanban board, you start by creating new cards in your backlog and prioritize them with the highest priority at the top and lowest at the bottom. This backlog will permit you to list all your tasks before deciding on which ones to start flowing on your board. We have provided some labels for you to categorize your work: Enhancement, Issue, and Idea.
What’s included in the Software Development Lifecycle template?
This board template includes:
- Two main columns: Roadmap and Done.
- Five columns in the Roadmap column: Define, Release, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and Deploy.
- Explicit agreements in each column, explaining what you should do step-by-step.
- Five labels to help you categorize your activities: Enhancement, Issue, and Idea.
- Collaborating with your team in real-time by sharing this board with them.
All of the above can be customized to your needs, using our Board Designer.
We hope that this template can help you track your software development projects. Start using it and be more organized and productive at work!