Onboarding a new employee is all about welcoming them and making sure they feel supported in their role. To make onboarding easier, we have built a template for those of you who need to onboard employees frequently.
What is an Employee Onboarding Template?
As the name suggests, the Employee Onboarding Template is a simple template for both employees and employers to coordinate their work during onboarding and welcoming new employees.
The cards will be prepared by you, the employer. But the rest of the work will be done by the new employees. They will get to see the process from start to finish, and drag and drop their own card. It’s a great way to familiarize themselves with Kanban Zone.
For work that has to be done before the first day, check out our New Hire Preparation Template.
What is included in the template?
The Employee Onboarding Template has:
- Four columns for each part of the process: Preparing, First Day, First Week, First Three Months
- Explicit agreements in each column, explaining what you should do step-by-step.
- Three labels for each type of employment: Employee, Vendor, and Contractor.
How to Use the Template
Both the employee and the employer will take part in this template. The process will be started by the employer, and then the rest will be done by the employee.
For the employer:
- Create a new card for each new employee
- Assign the new card to the new employee
For the new employee:
- After you’re assigned your card, flow your card through the columns as you progress.
If you can’t find the right template for your needs, just contact us and we will gladly add a board template to Kanban Zone that suits your needs.