Effective training and motivation are crucial for organizations to maximize employee potential and achieve long-term success. And videos have become an increasingly popular and impactful tool for engaging and motivating employees.
Are you wondering how to train and motivate your agile team using edited videos?
I will give you 7 effective ways to use well-edited videos to train and motivate your employees.
Let’s get started.
Benefits of Using Well-Edited Videos for Agile Team Training
Many companies create brand videos to create awareness. You may have too.
But have you considered using well-edited videos for team training?
Using well-edited videos for team training is beneficial because they engage participants through visual and auditory elements—enhancing knowledge retention and providing a consistent learning experience.
Videos can also be accessed at any time. This offers greater flexibility and accessibility for your agile team members.
Let’s check out the benefits.
- Visual and auditory learning advantages: Videos make it easier for your employees to understand complex concepts or processes. For instance, a video about accounting virtual assistants will be easier to understand than reams of pages on the same topic.
- Engaging and interactive content: Videos combine visuals, audio, and sometimes animations to foster better knowledge retention. By including interactive elements like quizzes, you may make the training experience more dynamic and impactful.
- Accessibility and flexibility: Videos allow your employees to access the content anywhere, anytime. Even if your team members work at different locations with different schedules, they can still engage with the training material effectively.
- Scalability for large agile teams: Videos allow training content to be easily distributed to a large number of employees. This ensures that all team members receive the necessary training, regardless of the team’s size.
- Cost-effectiveness: There might be an initial investment in video production. However, once the videos are made, they can be reused for multiple training sessions.
How to Use Videos to Train and Motivate Your Agile Team?
Videos can be a powerful tool to enhance engagement and learning.
I will now give you 7 tips on how to train and motivate your agile team using well-edited videos.
1. Make an Introduction Video for All Agile Employees
If you want to train and motivate your team using well-edited videos, start by making an introduction video. It will serve as a valuable tool for your employees to gain a deeper understanding of your organization.
By showcasing your company’s mission, values, and culture, you can create a sense of connection and alignment among team members.
I also recommend including a short introduction of each employee in the video. It will not only foster familiarity but also highlight the diverse talent within the team.
With the help of the best video editing software, you can edit videos to make them more effective to train and motivate your team.
You may draw inspiration from this new employee welcome video by MAC.
2. Create Interactive Videos for Training Your Agile Employees
Interactive videos are a fun and exciting way to train both new and existing employees.
I suggest you include set-by-step demos, simulations, and interactive scenarios in these videos to motivate your employees to actively participate in learning.
Maybe you could use some fun quizzes to train and motivate your team using well-edited videos.
Interactive videos also make training more effective and memorable. They can serve as a handy resource for continuous learning and improving employee skills.
Google has implemented a platform called “Googler-to-Googler” (g2g) that includes interactive videos as part of their internal training programs.
3. Use Professional Videos for Recruitment
Have you considered using well-edited videos for recruitment? If not, you must.
While they can’t directly train your agile team, they can definitely play an important role in motivating potential employees to apply for your jobs.
Videos can support the recruitment process by providing a more engaging and informative experience for potential candidates.
Stop sending lengthy text-based job descriptions. Instead, create videos that effectively communicate the job requirements, responsibilities, and company culture in an engaging manner.
It will help candidates gain a deeper understanding of the job and its requirements.
This will offer two benefits. One, you will attract more qualified and motivated candidates. Two, it will help candidates make an informed decision about whether they are a good fit for the role.
Here’s how GrubHub uses videos to make its recruitment process stand out.
4. Create Videos for Annual Reports
Do you find annual reports full of text and spreadsheets dull? Perhaps your employees do too.
When you transform annual reports into videos, it’s like adding a splash of color to a grayscale world.
Providing reports in such an engaging way can be a great way to explain things to your agile team and save their time in the process. This way, you’ll be able to help them become more productive.
5. Encourage Agile Employees to Share Their Ideas Through Video
A significant portion of human communication occurs through nonverbal cues such as facial expressions, body language, and gestures. That’s why text-heavy spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations are never as explanatory as videos.
If you want to train and motivate your agile team using well-edited videos, you should consider asking them to create videos for sharing their ideas.
One, it offers more clarity.
Secondly, videos create an interactive experience, stimulating discussion and sparking creativity. Also, others may be able to watch them when they find the time to do so.
It also helps your agile team because creative solutions can be shared with greater ease through videos.
The Adobe Kickbox Innovation Challenge is an internal competition in Adobe, a renowned software company. Employees who want to participate in the competition are required to create a short video pitching their ideas for new products, features, or initiatives.
6. Combine Video and Gamified Learning
Gamification refers to using game elements for non-game activities, such as agile training, lead generation, and more.
Have you ever considered gamification to train and motivate your team? It will make learning more fun for them.
Your employees will not only feel engaged and motivated but it’ll also speed up the learning process of your agile team.
Here are a few ideas:
- Use points-based quizzes and trivia questions in your videos
- Create a points-based leaderboard
- Offer scratch-off bonuses
- Use spin-to-wins
7. Use Motivational Videos from Leaders and Experts
Do you like TED Talks? I sure do!
And I am sure many of your employees may share a similar view.
So, why not make similar videos with leaders and industry experts to train and motivate your team?
Video has emerged as a powerful tool for training and motivating teams. To boost the productivity and morale of your agile employees, it’s time to train and motivate your team using well-edited videos.
Which of the video ideas above are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below.